Labels

Sunday, January 31, 2010

My State Of The World Address

Let's see....I awoke today to a somber feeling. No reason really. Just awoke feeling uneasy about things. It definitely has something to do with the state of the world I believe. I know people say only worry about things you can control but that's a difficult thing for me to do. I care about the world and every person living in it. I don't take for granted the food I eat, or the clean fluids i put in my body,or the medical care that I have access to. Although, even our medical system still is nowhere near good enough but it is still far superior to those who have no care. We as humans have done the world wrong. We are a selfish people. Look what we have done to the most beautiful gift we have been given....the earth. Landfills everywhere, killing the forests, and draining the earth of all it's oil. Who's to say the oil in the earth doesn't serve the same purpose as the oil in a car? The animals??? They are disappearing. GLOBAL WARMING IS REAL and it's because of us humans! We pollute the earth, treat our fellow humans like crap, and kill in the name of religion. I doubt anyone's god would want that. That's why when people warn that the end is near I don't doubt it. I welcome it kind of. It's like dishing us what we deserve for the way we have acted. Where is all the compassion for our fellow man? I don't wanna hear anything about Haiti either. That is just what should have been done! It's all a publicity stunt. Haiti should have had a solid infrastructure and earthquake proof buildings already and half or more of the people wouldn't have died. I'm just saying that with all the money and amazing minds that we do have in the world why couldn't something be done to help every country there is? I know, that's a monumental task and a lot of factors play in to why that hasn't happened, one namely being politics, but it IS possible. If people were half as worried about bringing others up with them instead of getting rich and sitting on it we'd be ok. This includes governments as long as governments have been around. Countries act so high and mighty and set rules and such and expect us to follow by them but are ruthless and have been that way when it comes to establishing their influence. It's very contradictory. Well, I don't wanna ramble on and on, I just wanted to speak my mind. I wanna use this post like the State Of The Union Address......The State Of Our World is......NOT SO STRONG.

1 comment:

  1. I think you came off more harsh on Haiti than you meant. You are about love, so you most definitely have compassion for the people of Haiti. I read it more that people/governments of the world who have the means to help places in such bad circumstances should be doing it before something like this happens because obviously it's going to happen and keep happening other places.

    ReplyDelete