Labels

Thursday, February 4, 2010

No Yes Men

Doesn't it suck to have people around you who only tell you what you want to hear?I don't know about y'all but I would rather be told the truth. To quote myself...."always welcome pain if it means you are being told the truth." I thought up that quote one day when I realized that the truth does hurt sometimes but it's better that way. You'll never really know how you are seen by other people if you surround yourself with "yes men". In a world full of liars and fakes I find the truth refreshing. It's like jumping into a pool of ice water on a one hundred degree day. It's important to me to be told the truth. As a matter of fact, it is THE MOST important thing to me. I'm tired of "yes men". Give it to me raw and unfiltered. That's how someone who really cares about you does it. I don't wanna hear i'm doing everything right unless I am. It's important that you see yourself in a good light but that isn't always the way things are. You need another perspective and not just somebody shaking their head and telling you yeah. My point is...surround yourself with people who really care about you. When someone tells you something true and it hurts you it means they like you and they care about your well-being. They want you to do better and to be a better person. Believe it or not your critics care. You just have to be able to distinguish between a hater and a critic. So once again, I love y'all and please remember....NO YES MEN.

1 comment:

  1. Good to know. Please see my comment Re: Haiti on one of your other blogs. I reworded what I thought you meant to say. I was worried you might get mad but now I know it's ok.

    ReplyDelete